Free Trial Week: May 20-May 24
Posted in Uncategorized | May 14th, 2013
UCMAP is pleased to hold free trial lessons the week of May 20. This is your opportunity to try out one or all six clubs before summer session starts on May 28. Come join us! Just show up with your ID and comfortable workout clothes.
JUDO (145 RSF): MWF 7-830pm
KARATE (251 HEARST GYM):MWF 6-8pm
TAEKWONDO (145 RSF):TTh 630-730pm
TAICHI (251 HEARST GYM):MWF 8-10pm
WUSHU (220 HEARST GYM):MWF 7-830pm
SELF-DEFENSE YONGMUDO (145 RSF):MWF 530-7pm
UCOpen Registration Extended!
Posted in Uncategorized | April 29th, 2013
We have extended our registration deadline to Thursday, May 2, 2013 at noon PDT.
Thank you all who have been patient with us while we transition to our new online registration system!
UCOpen Registration Now Streamlined
Posted in General, Taekwondo | April 25th, 2013
Thanks to all for your patience as we transition to a new online registration system this year. We have streamlined it so that only one login is required. It should now be much less confusing than the system was until today.
As a thank you for your patience, all late registration fees for the 44th UCOpen have been waived.
Register now, and we’ll see you at the 44th UCOpen!
Youth Summer Camp: Registration Open
Posted in Uncategorized | April 23rd, 2013
Registration is now open for the UC Martial Arts Youth Summer Camp, which runs 6/24-8/2. Join our internationally recognized, experienced, knowledgeable, and certified instructional staff in the different martial art experiences of Judo, Taekwondo, and Yongmudo. Our goals are to encourage youth to enrich their lives through fitness of mind and body by training in the martial arts, and promote the development of positive personal character. Click here to register.
UC Open registration is now live
Posted in General, Taekwondo, Taiji, Wushu | April 5th, 2013
UCMAP is proud to host the 44th Annual UC Open Taekwondo Championships on Saturday, May 4, in UC Berkeley’s Haas Pavilion. We encourage Taekwondo practitioners of all ranks to participate in our tournament. This year, four-time world champion and 1988 Olympic champion Prof. Jeong Kookhyun will attend with his students, who will also compete at this event. They are Korean national team members and will be competing in the adult black belt division. This is a great opportunity to see some of the finest Taekwondo players in the world compete with high-level techniques.
We hope to see you on May 4! For more information and to register, please visit http://ucmap.org/ucopen. Early registration ends Sunday, April 14.
1. Click the New Account button located on the top of your screen, and fill out the account information.
2. Once logged in, click the yellow Register for Tournament button on the top left of the screen.
3. Fill in the drop-down boxes by selecting the appropriate tournament and school. If you cannot find your school, you may add its information to our lists by clicking the “Not listed below” option and filling out a separate set of information boxes. Fill in your age, weight, and rank. Finish filling out the form by selecting the events you wish to participate in, and whether or not you wish to purchase a coach pass.
4. Check to see that the information is correct. Click on the hyperlinked Payment code under the “Registration Fee” column to be directed to an instruction page for payment.
5. Read the onscreen instructions carefully: They will guide you through the payment process. If you don’t already have an account, click the Create Payment Account button, which will direct you to UC Berkeley’s recreation site, where you must fill out the information for an account.
6. Log into the UC Berkeley payment account and then switch pages to come back to the UC Open instruction page. Click on the event link set under instruction #4 and add your event to the cart. Note that this would be the time to add your coach passes as well.
7. View your cart to make sure it is correct, then click continue. On the top right of your screen should be a button that reads UC Open Competitor ID. Click on it and it should lead you to more fields, where you can fill in your competitor ID, which can be found on the UC Open instructions page under the number 7 in bold letters.
8. Lastly, follow the links on the UC Berkeley Recreation page to Checkout, and enter the relevant payment information.